What is Monstercat?
Monstercat is an independent record label with headquarters in the eclectic neighbourhood of Railtown. Thanks to a roster of incredible artists, as well as the amazing community surrounding us, we’ve shaped the music industry worldwide. From releasing chart-topping records, to signing international acts, and hosting stages at the biggest festivals in the world - we’ve done it all from Vancouver!
How can I learn more about Monstercat events?
How do I get a ticket to Compound?
Tickets are FREE by RSVP here, or you can opt to purchase a Premium Pass. Please have your ticket on your phone if requested. It’s not necessary to print your ticket.
Compound Premium Passes elevate this festival experience - literally! A premium pass is $27.50 including fees and gets you:
- Access to our Premium Lounge
- Dedicated Premium Pass bar
- Dedicated Premium Pass toilets
- Better stage views (with a balcony!)
- Subscription to Monstercat Gold (3 Month Trial)
Is there an age limit to attend?
No! Compound is a free, all-ages event! However, our beer gardens are strictly 19+. If you’re planning to enter the beer gardens, make sure you bring two pieces of ID!
How do I get to Compound?
Compound takes place outside Monstercat HQ @ 380 Railway Street, Vancouver. We recommend entering the festival site at the Dunlevy x Railway St intersection. We strongly recommend that you don't drive, as parking is extremely limited due to the surrounding streets being blocked off for all the festivities.
- Waterfront Railway Station is a 15 minute walk away
- Stadium Chinatown Station is a 19 minute walk away
- Bus routes: 095, 4, 7, 20, 14 and 16 all run nearby
- Parking in the streets surrounding Monstercat HQ is FREE on Saturdays! However, sections of Railway Street will be closed for this event
- Bike Racks will be available on site to lock up your bike
Which artists are performing at Compound?
We've got a stacked lineup this year, which you'll find on our lineup page!
Safety at Compound?
We do not tolerate any violence or any form of harassment based on race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, appearance, etc. If you feel you’re being harassed or otherwise feel unsafe, locate a staff member or security officer within the festival.
Our staff will be following a health and safety plan to minimize the risk of transmissible illness. Our cleaning crews conduct frequent cleanings in high-touch areas.
Can I see inside Monstercat’s HQ?
Unfortunately, our office will not be open to the public. However you’ll have tons of opportunities to get to know the Monstercat team, who will be wearing STAFF shirts and vibing all around the festival grounds. Monstercat artists are also known to pop up in the most unexpected of places…
How can I purchase food / drinks / merch?
Please note that our bars are cashless and only accept card payment. For other stalls, we’ll have an ATM on-site and ALL bars and stalls accept cards.
Is there a smoking area?
Compound is a smoke-free event. If you choose to smoke, please exit the festival area.
What can I bring into Compound?
We encourage a few items on-hand to maximize your experience:
- Reusable Water bottle
- Hand sanitizer
- Two pieces of ID (for 19+ areas)
- Flags/banners or handmade signs (no corporate/company-branded and no hard flagpoles)
- Sunglasses & hats
Unfortunately the following items are not allowed within the festival area:
- Outside Food & Non-Alcoholic Drinks (Allowed on street area, but not beer gardens)
- Outside Alcoholic Drinks
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Lawn Chairs
- Pets (Allowed on street area, but not beer gardens)
- Any items made of glass
- Unauthorised tape recorders, professional film or video equipment. Cameras for personal use are welcome.
Will there be food for purchase onsite?
Yes! Please check out our Refreshments page for more info on all the eats we'll have this year.
Can I store my items anywhere on-site?
Unfortunately there are no storage facilities on-site. Anything you bring to Compound, make sure it’s compact and something you’re happy to hold onto for the day